Dental Crown & Dental Bridge
What are dental crowns?
If you have a cavity that's too large for a filling or have severely worn down, cracked, or weakened teeth, you may be eligible for a crown. Dental crowns are essentially caps designed to cover a damaged tooth. Aside from strengthening the damaged tooth, the crown can also improve its overall esthetic, including appearance, shape and alignment.
Pros of crowns include
- Protection! With crowns, the entirety of your tooth is covered.
- Seamless! Porcelain crowns look and feel just like your natural teeth.
- No Hassle! Crowns do not have to be removed for cleaning.
What is a dental bridge?
If you have missing teeth, we can help bridge the gap in your confidence and smile through a dental bridge. A dental bridge is a false tooth held in place by dental crowns, which provide support for the bridge by attaching to the teeth on either side of the gap. Dental bridges are a safe and effective means to get the smile of your dreams, creating a natural and smooth transition to fill the void.
A dental bridge can address numerous challenges by
- Restoring your smile
- Revitalizing your ability to chew correctly. Here comes all the delicious food you've been missing out on out of pain or fear of compounding the issue with your teeth.
- Maintaining the shape of your face.
- Restoring your speech and pronunciation. That's right, with dental bridges, we can help you feel confident contributing your voice to any conversation without fear.
- Re-adjusting your bite to distribute force when you chew.
- Preventing the remaining teeth from moving out of their correct position. Neglecting your current situation could compound the problem and trigger a chain of adverse events for your remaining teeth.
If you're missing a tooth or numerous teeth, at Peabody Dental Care, we have options to help you take action and change your smile (and your life) forever.